Evaluations / expertise / material and product inspections / validations
Material tests can be accomplished on site right at your company, more complex measurements have to be carried out at our premises.
The services we offer mainly include:
- Providing evidence of standard conformitiy
- A certificate of conformity creates trust in your product. If materials, tools, machinery, equipment, facilities, etc. used in an ESD protection zone, they must meet certain requirements. We test your products, show possible shortcomings, and confirm compliance if the requirements have been met.
- Characterization of materials and work equipment (expertise)
- In case of doubts or litigation we are able to examine and evaluate each single ESD protection element regarding its compliance with standards and functionality due to the fact that we are an independent specialist unit.
- Validation / verification
- Machines, ionizers, test equipment etc. have to be validated periodically.
The following measurements can be realized:
- Surface resistivity
- resistance to earth
- System resistance
- Walk test (body voltage)
- Triboelectric behaviour of materials
- Elektrostatic fields
- discharge (decay time)
- Ion balance of ionizers
- Elektric conductive floors (acceptance, expertise and evaluation)
- Electrically conductive floors have a safety-related function. In the fields of electronics, explosives, chemistry or medicine the use of static floors is absolutely necessary to prevent electrostatic charges.
- There is no way to see on first sight whether a finished ESD ground meets all required specification. The initial inspection insures the entrepreneur as well as the owner that the electrical data comply with the agreements or the relevant standards.
- Measurements on discharge resistance to earth as well as system measurements associated with walking tests (body voltage measurement) are now the standard measurements method. Using these measurements risks are identified and a possible hazard potential are assessed clearly.
Ground Measurements / Inspections can be carried out under the following standards:
- Measurements of resistance to earth in accordance with IEC 61340-4-1 and ANSI / ESD STM7.1
- System resistance measurements according to IEC 61340-4-5 or ANSI/ESD STM97.1
- Walking Test according to IEC 61340-4-5 or ANSI/ESD STM97.2
- Measurements with three-point electrode according to EN 1081
Finally, you will receive the following documents:
- Measurement protocol
- Certificate of conformity
- Further services concerning electrically dissipative flooring
- When installing static floors it comes to larger investments. Depending on the application the
requirements must be defined clearly. Too often the floor is insufficiently specified due to lack of
expertise. The consequences are disputes, additional expertise, overtime and additional costs,
possibly even danger by not meet requirements for the flooring.
We offer you:
- Identification and creation of the requirement profile
- Writing of mandatory tender specifications, in accordance with the standard specifications
- Check of sample surfaces